The Lovelies

Saturday 25 August 2012

Use it or Lose it: Glymm August 2012

Lovelies, I rarely write complaint emails but I felt so strongly I could no longer hold back. Here is what I wrote to the people of Glymm:

The August Glymm bag was my first one ever. I subscribed to Glymm because I had heard very good things. This bag's value I feel,  did not equal the price I actually paid for it. I was very very disappointed to see other members receive a full sized product, while I received a product I can't even get points for reviewing. I'm sure other members will see this as unfair as well. I understand that the contents are based somewhat on our beauty profile. But understand that if you are giving a full sized product out for one group and not another, that is going to cause some serious friction. Everyone should get one full sized product, it doesn't even have to be the same product. And just because I have dry hair, does not mean I don't like nail polish. I am subscribed for a year but the next few months will decide whether or not I stay. Don't underestimate the intelligence of your customers. In the end, customers make or break you.

I give kudos where its due. If you have negative feedback coming to you, I'll make sure you know how unhappy I am.

To recap, here are the Glymm bag contents and my thoughts:


(I have The Who's Baba O'Reily/Teenage Wasteland blasting in the background!)


1)Atelier Cologne in Vanille Insensee: At first sniff, a very vanilla scent, very feminine. While I do like it, I'm not a huge perfume person. So I probably wouldn't buy this unless my sole bottle was all out. Lose It unless you need it.

2)Vitamine & Sea Mineral Clay mask: I thought there would be enough for two masks. Boy, was I wrong. I used this last night, and I ended up using the whole pot. It was very thick yet easy to smooth to put on. It had a tendency to dry very quickly. It washed of easy enough. My skin felt a little tight afterwards so I put on the next product listed ;) I'm not huge into masks, I only do them when I want to pamper myself. I would go out and buy this product. Lose it.


3)Benta Berry G-1 Cream, 100% natural: I was surprised I didn't actually need a whole lot for coverage. I'd say this sample was good for about a week. It didn't irritated my skin and was very lightly scented. I am consider this product. Use it.


4) naked shine luscious lipgloss in Barely Coco: I had a few doubts before trying it. It said it had a light lip plumper in the formula. Now I know there are no pics of me on here, but if there were, you'd agree I don't need a lip plumper! But I put some on for science sake! And I actually ended up loving it! It was not sticky or tacky. It went on smooth and the smell and taste were a light coco! I like its clean formula too. I just wish it was a bigger sample! Use it!


5) Mai Couture Blush Papier: To be honest, I still have to use this. It was such a small sample, I actually forgot it was in here! :(


6)NuMe Hydro Punch Hydrating Conditioner: I used this in the shower the other day and honestly did not feel a difference. Lose it.


And there you have it. Glymm, Glymm, Glymm. The next few months are crucial! As The Clash would I put it: Should I Stay or Should I Go?



8 comments:

  1. I was disappointed with mine as well...my one year is ending with them and I don't think I am going to re-subscribe. That Naked Shine lip gloss sample lasted me one day and 4 applications!! I even tried to stick a toothpick in the tube to bring out more gloss, but it didn't work. I guess I could break the tube open, but I'm not that desperate...it was a really nice gloss though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It actually surprised me. Yes it really is. I'm maybe use my points to help buy one.

      Delete
  2. Are you able to cancel if you subbed with them for a year? I am on month to month so I know I'm able to cancel at any time, but sometimes beauty subs lock you in if you sub for a 3, 6 month or year period and won't issue you a refund. Not sure what Glymm's policy is - but look into it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure either. But if I'm unhappy, I'll be raising hell! lol

      Delete
  3. i know what you mean - i am counting on the next ones to be great or i will unsubscribe. i think i've hung on long enough. it may be time to let go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ever the optimist I will hope for better future bags, but every month til then I am going to send them an email of what I think!

      Delete
  4. I had to cancel Glymm after this box. In a way I'm giving them another try because I paid for September already and I can always sign up again if the box blows me away, but I'm not sure I have that much confidence anymore... It wasn't just a box with uninteresting products (some were, some not so much) but it had super low value which is disappointing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That seems to be the consensus. The part that really ticked me off is the inequality. If they can't put a full sized product in for everyone, they shouldn't put one at all!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. I do love reading all your comments and try to respond to each and every one!
Thank you, Lovelies :D