The Lovelies

Sunday 12 August 2012

Use it or Lose it!: Glossybox July 2012

Now what do I think of all the July Glossybox products after actually using them? I'll recap and tell you in a segment I like to call Use it or Lose it!

This is July's box again:

And here are the verdicts! (from left to right)


1) John Frieda Frizz-Ease Xtra Strength Serum
I was really excited to try this product. I was pretty happy to see this in the box. It retails for about $15. The product featured is full size, so I was a bit skeptical. I have long hair so I tend to use more product. I followed the instructions. Apply to soaking wet hair. It was easy to work into my hair and I was surprised how little I had to use. After blowdrying my hair I noticed a HUGE difference. My hair was slick and smooth, my husband noticed right away. I could run my fingers through my hair and not get snagged on flyaways or frizzballs! So the verdict on this one: Use it! I'm definitely getting this one again :)

2) Zoya Nail Polish in MYRTA
This is a beautiful colour. The coverage was good. Even for someone who is really bad at nails as I am! Use it!

3) Alessandro International Pedix Heel Rescue Balm
I don't really like getting foot massages so I wasn't too sure about this product. I gave myself a little foot massage. The product smells great but the minty smell did get kinda old after a bit. The lotion itself made my skin feel good and smooth. I didn't really feel this product though. As much as I wanted to try this product, I just don't feel the need to have it on my 'got to get it' list. The verdict: Lose it!

4) Eucerin Calming Creme
I have heard of this brand many times before. The tube was really small, so I just used it on my hands. Its fragrance free, which is good for people with sensitive skin, like me. I however, get bored with lotions like that. While my skin feels good and is not irritated, I like scents, even just a little hint! I know its not a luxury sensitive skin can afford. So I shouldn't be so picky. So in the end, it really does the job it says it does. The verdict: If you need it, Use it!

5) Dove Softening Creme Body Wash
As I had previously mentioned, my skin and Dove had a horrible run-in the last time they met. I was on the fence about trying this product. I decided to give Dove another chance. The first use was fine. The cream smelled pleasant. My skin did feel nice and smooth after. The second use, it all went wrong. My skin, specifically on my legs began to itch like crazy in the shower! I washed everything off quickly. Dove, this was your last chance! I ended up giving the bottle to my sister, who does not have bad skin senitivities. She has yet to give it a go, but she's never had problems like me. My verdict: Lose it!

6) Beautysoclean Sanitizer Wipes
Always good to clean your make up and brushes: Use it!


So...here's hoping for a good August box!
What about you? Any favourites from this month's box?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I do love reading all your comments and try to respond to each and every one!
Thank you, Lovelies :D